Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Toboganing Fun

We have been soooo busy having fun around here that I haven't taken the time to journal it all.  A couple of weeks ago Cory had a Friday off school in lieu of 2 nights of Parent Teacher interviews.  We spent the day outside as it was such a great day.  In my overzealous, impatient need for fun, I had everyone dressed and ready to toboggan by 10:30am.  The walking path was so full of snow that Cory and I were trudging through it pulling 80 pounds of kids behind us.  Actually, I was struggling and Cory was pulling.  I knew it was a hard go when Cory handed me the reins and said he needed a break.  I went a 1/4 of the way he did and handed them right back.  When we made it to PCTC hill we booted those kids out of the Toboggan and sent them hiking.  Kaida had complained the entire ride but I knew as soon as she got to the hill she would love it. She did!



Everyone had to have a turn 'driving'!  I didn't get a snapshot but the one time I was driving Cory and I twisted and tipped.  Kenzie thought that was really funny and Kaida was sweet enough to ask if we were ok.  Of course we were laughing so hard we couldn't answer her. 



One more time and then we will start the trudge home for hot chocolate.   As we were sipping our warm beverage Mr. Grismer drove by with his snow blower and had totally cleaned out the walking path.  There was now a nice, hard packed trail from our house to PCTC.  I guess maybe we (I) shouldn't have been so impatient to get the fun started.

No comments:

Post a Comment