Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Proud Mamma!

Kenzie has received her first Kindergarten report card.  I must say, in my humble, unbiased opinion that Kenzie is brilliant.  Mrs. MacPherson said so!

We went to the parent/teacher conference last night and Kenzie came with us.  She was a little shy to show us her talents but blew us away anyway.  Mrs. MacPherson has all the students names on a flash cards and she started to ask Kenzie if she could read the names.  Kenzie is able to read all 16 students names in her class.  When I asked her later how she knows all those kids names she told me she needed to know them to know who the line leader is each day.  It is very important who the line leader is.

Next Mrs. MacPherson had some other flash cards and Kenzie knew every word. The teacher looked at Cory and I proudly and said that no other student can do that.  She's brilliant.

I asked the teacher about Kenzie's lunch as she comes home with a full lunch kit each day.  Some days after 2 snacks and a lunch all that is missing is her granola bar.  Mrs. MacPherson has observed that it takes Kenzie a real long time to get herself organized to eat and the minute the first classmate is putting on their coat to go outside, she packs up and heads out too.  I love that she enjoys going outside and playing with her friends.  There was also the comment that Kenzie does a lot of visiting.  That shocked us!

So this is my blog and my Kenzie so I get to share some of the great comments on the report card:
"Kenzie is eager to participate in circle time."
"Kenzie knows all of the letter sounds we have learned so far.  She loves to sing and dance and eagerly share what she knows. Kenzie listens carefully when we blend sounds together to make words."
"Kenzie counts with confidence."
"Kenzie is able to print letters and color her pictures very neatly"
"Kenzie is happy to participate in gym.  She always tries her best!"
"Kenzie is a pleasure to have in class. She is an enthusiastic participant in discussions and activities.  She listens well and follows directions."
"Great Work, Kenzie! You are working hard in Kindergarten.  You have many friends and they enjoy being with you.  I love that you have stories to share with us and you like to listen to other's stories too.  Keep up the great work, Kenzie!"






That is my sweet little peanut.  I just love my Kenzie.  You make me proud everyday!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations Kenzie What a great report card!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go Mommy and Daddy, you are doing such a great job. I have always said Kenzie is brilliant and sweet and wonderful and terribly cute...just one Gramma's humble unbiased opinion. Love you all!!

    ReplyDelete