Wednesday, November 3, 2010

The exorcism

When Kaida is tired, or frustrated she doesn't really suffer in silence.  If fact her 'meltdowns' as we call them can be both frightful and funny at the same time.  So yesterday when she was without a nap and had been to school for the morning she was, shall we say, emotional.  To give you a description of this child when she is emotional you can think of a happy, singing little angel who all  of a sudden SNAPS!  She grits her teeth and vibrates with rage.  She growls and pierces her eyes into you like she is trying to light you on fire.  Her nails extend and she scratches at the first thing she sees, often the leather couch.  So this was supper time and the 25th 'meltdown' of the day so I picked her up by the armpits and carried her to her room with all 4 limbs swinging.  I told her when she calmed down and was ready to talk to us nicely I would be back to talk.

As I was coming out the bedroom Cory gave me a LOOK!  I didn' t know what the look meant so I said 'what would you like me to do with her?',  he said 'perform and exorcism!'  Well I burst out laughing at his fear and the only thing funnier was the look on his face when I said 'Yah, just wait, when they are teenagers I will be in Menopause'.

Now does this look like the face of someone needing an Exorcism???




1 comment:

  1. Kaida is just misunderstood, but she will tell you that herself when she is a teenager.

    ReplyDelete