Monday, November 1, 2010

Happy Halloween

Yay!! Daddy is home early from volleyball, now we can carve our pumpkins!  The pumpkin carving thing has always been Cory's department.  If left to me every one's pumpkin would have 3 triangles and a gash for a mouth and we'd be done.  When Cory carves a pumpkins Kenzie gets:

A Blues Clues pumpkin
and Kaida gets a Princess Cat.  It is really just a cat but Kaida calls it a Princess Cat!

We hit the streets early because there was a Rider game at 3:00pm.  Now I am not sure but I think Halloween has been Oct. 31st for many years.  Step off football...

Here is my adorable Cat in the Hat and Pink Puppy

This Halloween I convinced Cory to relax and just let the kids eat candy.  We monitor the junk food pretty closely most of the time but I felt if there is one day of the year that they can have a free for all why not Halloween. He relented and went with it.  Cringing with every wrapper Kaida demolished as she ate candy after candy after chocolate bar.  They behaved pretty well and went to bed not too bad.  The pay off for me and my wisdom was at 4:30am when Kaida was screaming down the house because she had a tummy ache and it was ``wrubbling``.  She woke up Kenzie and they didn`t go back to sleep.  Now it is 4:00pm, they are both fast asleep and should be getting ready for watching day at Dance class.  Next year we will have limit on the candy, even if it is Halloween!

2 comments:

  1. Halloween made Ry and I talk about our stance on candy eating and our girl...we came to the conclusion that it is one day a year that she will get to pig out...I also came up with the idea that it is a good learning experience for Vaya to decide to eat up the whole lot (like I did as a kid) or save it to torment her little sister (like my sister did as a child)....we did not think about the 4 am sore tummy wake up call...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job on the pumpkins, Cory. Too bad they don't last longer.

    ReplyDelete