Friday, November 5, 2010

First Skate of the Year

We went out to the rink for the first skate of the year this morning.  Both girls are kind of fitting last years skates and I figure if there is  no whinning, bruised toes or ripped toenails we are good to go.

I was amazed at how well they both did right out of the gate.  Kaida has better balance and is much stronger this year.  She was walking all over the ice chasing Grampa with her evil grin.  Kenzie is skating well too and really enjoys her role of 'teacher' to Kaida.  I love listening to her explain to Kaida how to hold out her arms when she skates and then waiting an appropriate amount of time to say 'good job Kaida, I am very proud of you'.    Kaida loves it and yells for the rest of the morning 'Kenzie, watch this.'  They can be such good friends some days.



The rink was quite busy as there were 8 kids, 4 moms a Grandpa and a Grandma.  It was great fun and an easy way to spend the morning.  Topped off with a milk and doughnut at the bakery.   Mmmmm!

2 comments:

  1. Good job Kenzie and Kaida. I can just hear Kenzie's little voice, 'Good job Kaida'. I love the blog Holly. make me want to say, Good job Holly, I am very proud of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Holly enjoyed reading your blog and catching up on the girls activities. Keep up the good work. As always you made me smile and your description of the girls and their antics made me laugh out loud or should I write lol. Hey that Cory is some pumpkin carver. Elaine

    ReplyDelete